March 9, 2021
Many riders tend to neglect their neck when choosing gear to ride in cold weather often leaving it exposed to the wind. However, your head is the area where you lose the most body heat, which is why keeping it covered is key to staying warm. Wearing a balaclava while riding is a great choice as it will protect your neck from the cold and the wind, making your overall riding experience more comfortable. It is super simple to just wear under your helmet, yet makes a big difference when it comes to keeping in the heat.
March 2, 2021
How do we measure stud height?
- In order to determine required stud height take the “published length of the stud” you want to use
- add .270” to it and subtract “track lug height” to get “penetration”.
- • Example 1 - (1.375” stud + .270”) – 1.250” track lug = .395” (just over 3/8”)
- • Example 2 - (.375” penetration + 1.250” Track lug) - .270”= 1.355 Stud Length (1.375”)
- (round to nearest stud length 1.375”)
February 23, 2021
Do NOT crimp or turn a belt inside out. Ultimax belts are made with advanced polymer compounds designed for specific applications. Turning it inside out does not tell you anything about the quality of the belt and can damage it. Also, do not squeeze or store it in a way that severely bends the belt.
Find your drive belt here.
February 16, 2021
- The Seizmik Halo-RA LED Rearview Mirror features multimodal, high intensity RGB LEDs of different colours with different purposes.
- You can use the red and green LEDs for preserving night vision and providing more visual acuity at low-light levels. They are great for using when your eyes are adjusted for low light at night and you need to find something in the cab without wrecking your night vision. Also, red and green lights are not seen by wildlife/game, so hunters can use it without drawing attention to themselves while out in the field hunting. The blue light is an accent light. A lot of the vehicles use blue light in their instrument panels for accent. The blue LED would be for anyone wanting to keep a unified look.
February 9, 2021
February 2, 2021
The Otter Sled Pro is an easy, safe and convenient way to move all of your stuff through the trails. Otter produces one of the most durable sleds ever built. The processes used to manufacture the sleds meet strict tolerances and distribute more material to help absorb the shock and stress where the sled gets it the most. The sled is also designed in a way that prevents your items from falling out from the back. Simply attach it to your snowmobile or UTV and ride off.
Purchase at your local dealer.
January 26, 2021
Staying dry is a very important thing to take into consideration while out snowmobiling/riding. That’s why it’s wearing a well-fitted base layer is key. In Winter conditions, it is essential to wear a "strengthened" product that manages the body temperature by taking any sweat to the outside without absorbing it. SIXS Carbon Underwear® can be worn in direct contact with the skin and underneath normal protective sports clothing. These garments keep the body temperature properly regulated and the skin always dry, because they eliminate moisture and the consequent feeling of dampness.
January 19, 2021
Grease your lubrication points, such as the suspension pivots, daily in order to prevent rust and wear of your moving parts.
Corrosion Block Waterproof Grease is designed to provide maximum protection under severe conditions. Its formulation provides both high and low temperature performance, increasing the service life of critical components. Corrosion Block Grease strongly resists water wash out and provides superior protection against rust and corrosion. Corrosion Block Grease outperforms lithium and most synthetic greases and meets or exceeds all OEM requirements
January 12, 2021
Use STUD BOY® studs to increase your snowmobile's traction and tackle icy conditions safely.
STUD BOY® products provide the safety and performance that gets the power to the ground while maintaining confidence in snowmobile control. Traction control products puts ease in knowing your snowmobile will respond the way you need it to, and STUD BOY® track studs & ski wearbars will provide this confidence! Get “traction with an attitude” with STUD BOY® traction products, and feel the difference in your snowmobile.
January 5, 2021
Use ice scratchers to keep your sliders lubricated AND cool your engine by deflecting the snow.
Ice scratchers are installed on each side of your snowmobile's rear suspension. Your snowmobile's heat exchanger and slides can get very hot. Ice scratchers will deflect snow to your rear suspension, which will prevent your engine from overheating and your slides from melting.
Purchase at your local dealer.
December 29, 2020
Wear heated gear under your Winter suit to stay extra warm while out riding.
The Olympia heated jackets and pants have 3 heat levels! Simply wear it under your snow jacket and pants,
use the hook up cable to connect it to your snowmobile (or to a portable battery pack)
and choose one of the three heat levels. This gear can also be used under your motorcycle jacket/pants in colder weather.
December 22, 2020
Make sure to check the wear and tear on your drive belt before you start riding. Your belt and clutches will “talk” to you if you take the time to listen. You will be able to see where the belt rides on the sheaves to make sure there is not excessive ride-out in the primary. Also, the belt surface should not appear glazed or overly worn in any particular area. The belt should be uniform and smooth with no broken cords or cracks.
The belt on your snowmobile is an integral part of the drive system and can dramatically affect how the sled performs and feels. The belt drive system is designed to balance engine performance with top speed, while optimizing back-shifting and up-shifting. Proper installation of the belt will help accomplish the best transfer of horsepower from the engine to the ground.
Find your drive belt here.
December 15, 2020
Swap the shield on your street helmet for an electric shield in order to use it in the Winter.
A double shield works as well.
December 8, 2020
December 1, 2020
Did you remember to hook your battery up to a smart charger/maintainer?
In colder climates, when the motorcycle is not in use, the battery needs to be maintained to prolong the battery life.
Smart chargers let you leave the battery connected to the motorcycle while it monitors the battery and
only charges it when the voltage has dropped below a pre-programmed level, preventing overcharging and
damage and assuring you that it is in good working condition come the Spring.
November 24, 2020
Add fuel stabilizer to a full tank of gas before storing your machine to extend the fuel's life and
prevent deposits, varnishing and corrosion of the fuel delivery system.
November 17, 2020
- Don't forget to clean your bike before storing it for the Winter. Not only will this save you
- from having to do it in the Spring, but the bugs and organic residues will harden on your
- bike during the Winter, making it even more difficult to clean off once Spring arrives.
- The Motul E7 Insect Remover is a great product as it will literally melt the bugs off your bike.
- See how to use here.
- Purchase here.